Eight years ago, Pauline’s parents were killed during Kenya’s election violence, from which she still carries physical and emotional scars. There is some good news, however, because Pauline gave her heart to Jesus last year, and although she lives in Nairobi’s indescribable Mathare slum, she attends a Christian school there. Each school day, she and over 500 other children receive milk to supplement their meager diets, thanks to Heaven’s Family’s Food Fund. The promise of daily body-strengthening milk helps motivate Pauline and all the other children to not miss a day of school. And better nutrition means better learning.
Thanks to the generosity of many in 2014, our Food Fund provided nourishing meals for thousands of other children as well, and their families. Here are some examples of how we made a difference together:
• In the Philippines, we partnered with a church-planting ministry in the slums of Cebu City to provide food packages for very poor families. Also, many children living in those slums received weekly healthy meals as part of a gospel outreach.
• In the desert region of Kenya, Christian and non-Christian famine victims received 4 tons of emergency food supplies.
• Impoverished Christian families in villages outside of Yangon, Burma received goats to provide milk to drink and to sell, helping them to achieve food stability.
• Destitute, civil-war-ravaged women and their children in Goma, DR Congo, received food to sustain their families while they received trauma counseling and learned job skills.
• Abandoned, abused and neglected children who find refuge, love and Christian nurture at a Christian ministry in Mexico received nourishing meals to alleviate their hunger and strengthen their bodies.
• And poor Christians in Nepal, Kenya, and Burma received loans and grants to help them produce their own food by growing crops, raising pigs, and make peanut butter!
In each of these places the love of God is poured out in words and in action, nourishing souls as well as bodies. Like the fish and loaves, God multiplies your gifts far beyond what we can see or imagine. Thank you for giving hope to many by reaching out with food and the gospel of Jesus!