Heaven's FamilyOur Mission | History | Founder | Board of Trustees | Team Members | Statement of Faith | Financial Integrity
David Servant – Founder of Heaven’s Family. After graduating from Bible School in 1980, David served as a church planter and itinerant international Bible teacher through 2002, when he founded Heaven’s Family. He is the author of eight books, including The Disciple-Making Minister, a 500-page manual for leaders that has been translated into more than 30 languages.
* Bernie Koerselman, J.D. – Bernie has been a follower of Jesus since 1977. He received his B.S. from Long Beach State College, his MBA from Pepperdine School of Business, and his Juris Doctor from Pepperdine University School of Law. Bernie gave up his law practice in 1981 to serve the Lord full time and found himself being called to New Zealand as a missionary. He has authored numerous Christian books and articles, including What the Bible Says About a Saving Faith and The Teachings and Commandments of Jesus Bible Study. He resides with his wife, Sherrie, in Surprise, Arizona, outside of Phoenix.
* Don Ashburn, D.D.S. – Don was led to Christ in 1978 by a high school friend named David Servant. He received a B.S. in biology, with minors in chemistry and physics, from Texas A&M and Northeastern State University, and his D.D.S. from Oklahoma College of Dentistry. He has operated a private dental practice since 1993, and resides with his wife, LaDonna, in Edmond, Oklahoma. Don has served on multiple dental/medical mission trips over the years, primarily to Central America. He is very kingdom-minded.
* Tony Dale, M.B., B.S. – The son of medical missionaries, Tony grew up in Taiwan, and he received his medical training at the world-renowned Royal and Ancient Hospital of St. Bartholomew in London, England, founded in 1123. It was there that he met his wife, Felicity. Tony’s interest in medical economics began following his experience with America’s medical system when he needed knee surgery in 1996. From his personal experience of the inconsistencies and staggering cost of the system, Tony determined to find a way to help people reduce their medical expenses without compromising quality of care. Since founding The Karis Group in 1996 and Sedera Health in 2014, millions of people have been served, and Sedera has recently been named one of America’s 5,000 fastest-growing companies. Tony, however, continues to “seek first the kingdom,” promoting the expansion of church and disciple-making movements around the world.
* Felicity Dale, M.B., B.S. – Born in the U.K., Felicity and her British husband, Tony, immigrated to the U.S. in 1987. Both are medical doctors who not only practiced medicine in London’s East End, but who also successfully planted house churches there. Their ministry ultimately blossomed in the U.S., and David and Becky Servant met them when an organization they pioneered, House2House, hosted a large house church conference in Denver about 15 years ago. Felicity has authored a number of Christian books, including Small Is Big!: Unleashing the Big Impact of Intentionally Small Churches, An Army of Ordinary People, Getting Started: A Practical Guide to Church Planting and Simply Church.
* Adam Shook – Adam was born again in 2002 through the ministry of a friend. He earned his B.S. in science in 2001 and his M.S. in 2005 in electrical engineering, and has worked for Texas Instruments since 2003. He currently holds 12 U.S. patents for integrated circuit design. Adam’s search for a means to help orphans led him to Heaven’s Family in 2005. He loves woodworking, Sous Vide cooking, studying and teaching the Bible, and he has traveled twice on short-term mission trips with Heaven’s Family staff to Myanmar. He resides in Dallas with his wife, Holly, and their five children, whom they home school.
* An independent voting member of the board.