David Servant – Founder of Heaven’s Family. After graduating from Bible School in 1980, David served as a church planter and itinerant international Bible teacher through 2002, when he founded Heaven’s Family. He is the author of eight books, including The Disciple-Making Minister, a 500-page manual for leaders that has been translated into more than 30 languages.
CJ McDaniel – Right after his college graduation, CJ went to work for Heaven’s Family as the ministry’s first webmaster and publisher. His efforts over the next ten years resulted in significant financial support for Heaven’s Family’s work around the world as well as exposure for David Servant’s teaching ministry. CJ eventually started his own software company, first by creating software to help authors and publishers. Today, CJ’s company serves some of the largest publishing houses in the world and is used by 300,000 independent authors. In his free time, CJ is involved in other outreaches, including a Bengali-language apologetics YouTube channel and a Bible study platform used by Christians around the world.
* Don Ashburn, D.D.S. – Don was led to Christ in 1978 by a high school friend named David Servant. He received a B.S. in biology, with minors in chemistry and physics, from Texas A&M and Northeastern State University, and his D.D.S. from Oklahoma College of Dentistry. He has operated a private dental practice since 1993, and resides with his wife, LaDonna, in Edmond, Oklahoma. Don has served on multiple dental/medical mission trips over the years, primarily to Central America. He is very kingdom-minded.
* Tony Dale, M.B., B.S. – The son of medical missionaries, Tony grew up in Taiwan, and he received his medical training at the world-renowned Royal and Ancient Hospital of St. Bartholomew in London, England, founded in 1123. It was there that he met his wife, Felicity. Tony’s interest in medical economics began following his experience with America’s medical system when he needed knee surgery in 1996. From his personal experience of the inconsistencies and staggering cost of the system, Tony determined to find a way to help people reduce their medical expenses without compromising quality of care. Since founding The Karis Group in 1996 and Sedera Health in 2014, millions of people have been served, and Sedera has recently been named one of America’s 5,000 fastest-growing companies. Tony, however, continues to “seek first the kingdom,” promoting the expansion of church and disciple-making movements around the world.
* Felicity Dale, M.B., B.S. – Born in the U.K., Felicity and her British husband, Tony, immigrated to the U.S. in 1987. Both are medical doctors who not only practiced medicine in London’s East End, but who also successfully planted house churches there. Their ministry ultimately blossomed in the U.S., and David and Becky Servant met them when an organization they pioneered, House2House, hosted a large house church conference in Denver about 15 years ago. Felicity has authored a number of Christian books, including Small Is Big!: Unleashing the Big Impact of Intentionally Small Churches, An Army of Ordinary People, Getting Started: A Practical Guide to Church Planting and Simply Church.
* Kelly Miller – Kelly Miller has been following following Jesus since age 19, and he has always had a heart for those who are less fortunate. He heard David Servant minister God’s Word in 2006 at his home church, which sparked his interest in the ministry of Heaven’s Family. Kelly is the founder and CEO of Advantage Innovations, a growing company that provides nationwide graphic installations for private brands, printing companies, and local clientele. He and his wife, Marjorie, reside in Knoxville, Tennessee, and they are the parents of 8 children who have given them 15 grandchildren.
* An independent voting member of the board.