Most children living in orphanages worldwide have one or two living parents. Poverty, discrimination, lack of educational opportunities, family breakups, natural and manmade disasters, war, and other things cause children to be separated from their families. Orphanages can harm children by not adequately meeting their needs, putting them at risk to all forms of abuse, and leaving them unprepared for life beyond the institution.
We believe that children belong in families. Our mission is to 1) help children stay in families, and 2) help children get back into families when not. We do this through three approaches.
You have a part to play
What Guides Us
- Family: Family is sacred. God created and entrusted families with raising children.
- Worth: Children are valuable in the sight of God and worth the effort.
- Love: Love for God and children.
- Defense: When not in families, children are more vulnerable.
- Determination: We won’t stop until every child is in a safe, loving family.